Developing a YouTube Channel for Your Local Business – Social Media Marketing
By 5hmg In Online Marketing, Social Media, Video Marketing On June 30, 2011
If your business doesn’t have a YouTube Channel, you need to read this article and head on over to YouTube and create one.
YouTube channels are like personal TV stations where you can broadcast to the world anything about your business that would interest them. It’s a great medium for product launches, demos, public relation communications, interviews, advertisements, tutorials and so much more. They also provide one place to store all your video files and provide backlinks from your website, blog and social media sites. This improves your business’s SEO ranking as you can also tag each of your videos with keywords. Finally you can get viewers to subscribe to your video channel increasing your base of your local fans.
Here is a step-by-step process how to create a YouTube channel.
1. Go to youtube.com
2. At the top right corner of the homepage, click on “Create Account”
3. You will arrive at a sign-up pages where you need to input the following details:
• Email address
• Date of Birth
• The option to allow those who have your email address to find your YouTube channel
• The option to receive product-related emails from YouTube
• Your acceptance of YouTube’s term of service
4. Now check your email address for a confirmation email
5. Click on the link provide in the email to activate your registration
6. Go back to YouTube homepage at youtube.com
7. Click on the “sign in” link using your username
8. Note the url of your business YouTube channel as you will use this in your links
9. Upload your videos
After creating your channel and uploading videos, you can embed relevant videos on your website, blogs, Facebook pages and so on.
Leave a comment